The annual turnover of Hall Cleaning Services Ltd is below that of the requirements of Section 54 of the UK Modern Slavery Act (2015). However, Hall Cleaning Services Ltd is committed to ensuring that modern slavery or human trafficking is not taking place within our business or supply chain.
Modern slavery is a crime and a violation of fundamental human rights. Modern Slavery encompasses slavery, servitude, human trafficking and forced/bonded labour. Hall Cleaning Services Ltd has a zero-tolerance approach to any form of modern slavery.
We are committed to acting ethically, with integrity and transparency in all dealings, and to putting effective systems and controls in place to safeguard against any form of modern slavery taking place within our business or our supply chain and will make disclosure obligations under the Modern Slavery Act (2015) and expect that our suppliers will hold their own suppliers to the same high standards.
We operate as a provider of Internal Building Contract Cleaning and Window Cleaning Services, only within the United Kingdom.
We recognise that some of our suppliers may source products and/or materials from countries such as China and SE Asia which are higher risk areas. We also recognise that there may be some slight risk in the recruitment of our employees.
Internally we operate a number of policies to ensure that we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner. These include:
- Anti-slavery policy. This policy sets out our organisations stance on modern slavery and explains how employees can identify any instances of this and where they can go for help.
- Recruitment policy. We operate a robust recruitment policy, including conducting eligibility to work in the UK checks for all employees.
- Whistle-blowing policy. We operate a whistle-blowing policy so that all employees know they can raise concerns without detrimental treatment for reporting in good faith their suspicions.
- Code of business conduct policy. This code explains how our organisation will behave in the conducting of our business and how we as employers and suppliers to act in a responsible manner.
Hall Cleaning Services Ltd operates and maintains a preferred supplier listing.
- We conduct due diligence on all suppliers before allowing them to become preferred suppliers which includes searches to ensure that they have not been convicted of any offences relating to modern slavery.
- Where the supplier is required to comply by law with the Modern Slavery Act we will ensure that their policies and procedures are compliant.
- For suppliers who fall below the necessary compliance limits, we will wherever possible encourage them to comply with the Modern Slavery Act of their own free will as we do.
We regularly conduct training and refresher training for our procurement and recruitment teams so that they understand the signs of modern slavery and what to do if they suspect that it is taking place.
Our Performance Indicators
We will measure and monitor our performance and that of our suppliers to ensure that our steps to combat slavery and/or human trafficking are effective through any reports received from employees, clients, the public, or law enforcement agencies, our goal being to receive zero reports.
This statement has been approved by the Board of Directors of Hall Cleaning Services Limited on 13th March 2018.